What is machine learning?
Field of study that gives computers the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed
A computer program is said to learn from experience E with respect to some task T and some performance measure P, if its performance on T, as measured by P, improves with experience E.
Types of machine learning.
- Supervised - teach the computer how to do something.
- Unsupervised - computer learns by itself.
- Reinforced Learning.
- Recommender systems.
- Classification problems where output is from set of discrete values.
- Email is spam or not.
- Regression problems where result is within a continuous output.
- House prices.
- Structure of the data is unknown.
- Used to determine structure of the data and derive features.
Linear regression with one variable
Gradient descent for linear regression